Here is the article with the requested Markdown formatting:

Football News: Euro 2024, Champions League, FIFA World Cup, Women’s World Cup, and More

Former French international William Gallas has delivered a bold assessment of England’s chances at the upcoming Euro 2024 tournament. The ex-Chelsea and Arsenal defender believes that France should not be worried about facing the Three Lions in the final, should the two sides meet.

Didier Deschamps’ France team will take on Spain in Tuesday night’s semi-final, while England face the Netherlands in the other last-four clash on Wednesday. Both England and France were among the pre-tournament favorites, but their performances have been underwhelming so far.

Gallas, who won 84 caps for France, said:

“Why would anyone in France be worried about England? Seriously. If the final is played between France and England, then France will be the favorite. I would give France a 60% chance of winning the game. I am being kind to England by giving them a 40% chance because I spent most of my career playing there [laughs].”

The former defender admitted that he did not expect England to reach the semi-finals, tipping Switzerland to eliminate the Three Lions. However, he praised the team’s achievement in making it this far, though he remains skeptical about their chances against the Netherlands.

Gallas also suggested that England manager Gareth Southgate should have given more playing time to Chelsea’s Cole Palmer during the tournament, believing the youngster could have provided a much-needed spark to the team’s performances.

In other Football News:

  • The Champions League group stage draw for the 2023/24 season will take place on August 31st in Monaco.
  • The 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup, co-hosted by Australia and New Zealand, is set to kick off on July 20th.
  • The 2023 Africa Cup of Nations group stage is currently underway, with the tournament’s standings being closely followed by fans across the continent.
  • The new Premier League season is just around the corner, with the opening fixtures scheduled for the weekend of August 12th.
  • The EFL Cup, EFL Championship, EFL One, and EFL Two competitions will also resume in the coming weeks, providing plenty of excitement for football enthusiasts.
  • The 2023/24 FA Cup campaign is set to begin in the early stages of the new season, with teams from across the English football pyramid vying for the prestigious trophy.

Stay tuned for more updates on these and other Football News stories as the new season approaches.

๐Ÿ”— Source